Welcome to our Meet the Team post! This week, I got the chance to speak with Bay Point's first employee, Glenell Agnolutto.
Glenell has “worn many hats” since joining Bay Point Wealth Management. She has been responsible for the company’s accounting system, maintained our portfolio management system and was responsible for portfolio and tax reporting. Currently, she works primarily with our wealth management system, from the gathering of client information to preparing and analyzing their cash flows, net worth statements and other financial statements. She works beside our advisors to prepare for client meetings and their follow-up. Take a look at our conversation to get to know Glenell better:
1) Where were you born and raised? I was born in southwestern Pennsylvania in the town of Washington, but I was raised in and around the small town of Waynesburg.
2) What led you into a career as a para-planner? An interest in the field and a really great boss and teacher… As some may already know, I worked for Bill once before. I began my career reporting to him as a staff accountant at a large, Fortune 100 firm. In later years, Bill moved on to become a Certified Financial Planner and to start Bay Point Wealth Management, while I had gone into the non-profit sector. Fast forward to 2007, when I was contacted by Bill about an opportunity to join his company. I found the idea of working in the financial planning field with the added bonus of learning from and working with my former boss, an opportunity too good to pass up. It was a great decision.
3) Describe your most memorable vacation. Six years ago, my husband Walt and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in Montana. We climbed up to Grinnell glacier, went skydiving for the first time, and took a “walk in the treetops.” We saw beautiful wildflowers, soaring bald eagles, mountain goats standing on a rock face as if on level ground and a mama grizzly bear with her two cubs. (The last from a distance, thank goodness.) We went to a county fair where we watched a rodeo, sitting on bleachers comprised of long boards on blocks set into a terraced hillside. We discovered huckleberry pie and toured a mansion; I dream of returning.
4) Any hobbies? I love learning about and collecting antiques.
5) Outside of the office, what are you most passionate about? FAMILY! Both my husband and I have very close-knit families. I am very fortunate to have a great relationship with both his and mine.
Hope you enjoyed this sneak peak of Glenell. Don’t forget to be on the lookout for our next Meet the Team Post!